Time & Location
Jan 04, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Lincoln, 511 5th St, Lincoln, CA 95648, USA
About the Event
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It's a "big bright beautiful world" as everyone's favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek. One day, Shrek finds his swamp invaded by banished fairytale misfits who have been cast off by Lord Farquaad, a tiny terror with big ambitions. When Shrek sets off with a wisecracking donkey to confront Farquaad, he's handed a task — if he rescues feisty princess Fiona, his swamp will be righted. Shrek tries to win Fiona’s love and vanquish Lord Farquaad, but a fairytale wouldn't be complete without a few twists and turns along the way.
Rehearsals (First day of rehearsals Mon 1/9)
**AS CALLED??? BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???**
Let us break it down for you. When children are small, they get a few classes a week and are expected to be at the entirety of those classes. We use their downtime to practice lines, work on dances, do team building, or play theater games. They hours required are minimal.
When your young thespian gets slightly older, they come to a place where the demands are slightly greater. Here are a few things that you might not know:
- Not every cast member is called for every rehearsal. Sometimes everyone is called. Sometimes two people are called. Unless your child is called on a particular day, they are not expected to show up.
- Late rehearsals (7-8pm) will likely be utilized for the older cast members (13+)
- There will be weeks when you're called every single day, and then weeks when you're not called at all.
- You can actually let us know ahead of time which days you're unavailable (We will send out a conflict calendar to registrants PRIOR to their audition)
- We are not "comp soccer" we're "rec soccer". We say that because we want your child to develop a love of theater... but we know you have other things... scouts, youth groups, sports, etc. Right now they theater might not be the only thing on their schedule, and THAT'S OK!!! We want to try to work around them as best we can. We just want to see them there!
- The closer we get to performance time, the more aggressive the time demands are. Lots of work, over and over, helps us put on the best show EVER!
Mon 3/6 -Thu 3/9/23
Fri 3/10 @ 7pm
Sat 3/11 @ 2pm & 7pm
Fri 3/17 @ 7pm
Sat 3/18 @ 2pm & 7pm
Strike set / pizza party
Pizza @5pm on 3/18
Strike after @7pm show
BTGO - Buy two registrations at the regular price, get the third one FREE!